- “The Opioid Hydra: Understanding Mortality Epidemics and Syndemics Across the Rural-Urban Continuum.” Peters, Monnat, Hochstetler, & Berg. 2019. Working Paper, Iowa State University.
- “Using Census Data to Understand County-Level Differences in Opioid Mortality Rates.” Monnat, Peters, Berg, & Hochstetler. 2019. American Journal of Public Health (in press).
- Understanding the Opioid Crisis in Rural and Urban Iowa. Peters, Miller, & Hochstetler. 2019. Iowa State University Extension, SOC 3088.
- “The Opioid Hydra: Identifying Opioid-Use Mortality Epidemics and Syndemics Across Space.” Presented to the Southern Regional Science Association Annual Meeting, April 2019 in Washington, DC.
- “Opioid Clusters and Implications for Counterdrug Efforts“. Presented to the Civil Operations Annual Summit, U.S. National Guard Counterdrug Task Force, February 2019 in Reno, NV .
- “The Opioid Hydra: Heterogeneity in Opioid-Use Disorder Mortality and Implications for Public Health.” Presented to the State Epidemiological Workgroup, Iowa Department of Public Health, December 2018 in Des Moines, Iowa.